Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Layout Room Cleanup

 Well its fall and time to head back to the layout room and continue the hands on railroad modeling experience. 

As you have been checking out my construction blog posts its very obvious by the pictures that im not a neat freak. I'm pretty messy in fact and I cant tell you the number of times I've shifted construction material etc back and forth in the basement as I progress around the walls. 

When last i spoke of construction back in June, the north (left) side of the layout had been completed ... stud wall, backdrop, valence, upper and lower deck l-girders and module renovation and construction. I got a number of storage shelves and cabinets installed and painted, and have started sorting, organizing and more importantly throwing scrap material out that I cant use or I dont need anymore. 


As you can see its gotten a whole lot cleaner - and just in time to start right of way construction! 

I also did some electrical work as well, finishing the installation of outlets around the perimeter and getting all the new lighting wired to the circuit breaker. This then allowed me to finish drywalling the ceiling in zone 1 (also known as the workshop and crew lounge.) Using this area as the final costruction zone (cutting and assembly etc) will keep the rest of the layout alot cleaner and better organized.






No comments:

Post a Comment