Sunday, January 1, 2023

Purpose, Goals and Objectives 2023

On January 1, 2022 I wrote a blog page Purpose, Goals and Objectives 2022 indicating my goals for the year. I didnt quite get there - for a variety of reasons. I went into the hospital in late February and recovery, rehabilitation and trying to catch up on the backlog of work took all my time.The WWSL suffered as a result

Of the four short term goals, I didn't get any trackwork done. I fiddled around, but most of my railroad modeling was armchair. I did however get a good bit accomplished on the website. I’m getting my energy back. I started cleaning up. I first put away all the junk collecting on the right of way. Having one hundred feet of shelving does bring out the pack rat.  Getting stuff organized and out of the way will let me get down and dirty on building the right of way.

A summary of my year is below, followed by some brief thoughts on my year and the hobby:

Projects Completed in 2022

  • The workbench and crew lounge area amenities was completed.
  • Track support section construction is done with the exception of the helix.
  • Valence construction is done.
  • The blog has been updateded and 22 posts have been published. About 300 pages have been designed and some 174 have been 2nd draft completed and/or published. The remainder are in various stages of completion.

2023 goals. 

Have you seen these goals before? Here they are again!

STG#1: I want the trackwork completed from Tunnel 2 to Reload. I want to complete 16 square feet of at least one signature scene within 6 months with the remainder with basic scenery in place. I want enough track from WWSL 2.0 relaid to new design and construction standards. 

STG#2:  I want the trackwork from Demaine Yard to Wickwood (Division 2) drawn ou to new design and construction standards.

STG#3. I want one train (locomotives and rolling stock) built to Tan Standards and running on the the above sections by the end of the year. 

STG#4. I want a majority of the subject pages in the Layout Design, Operations, Construction, and Right of Way Reference Pages section completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment