Friday, January 1, 2021

Purpose, Goals and Objectives 2021

On January 1, 2020 I wrote a blog page Purpose, Goals and Objectives 2020 indicating my goals for the year. I didnt quite get there - for a variety of reasons.

Of the four short term goals, I managed to complete two: STG#1 and STG#4, both construction oriented goals. STG#2 and STG#3 were track-laying and base scenic goals. I didnt get there. I did however get a good bit accomplished on the website ..... something i didnt list as a goal, but should have. It takes longer to type than to do .... and I'm going to do more doing than typing as time goes on. 

A summary of my year is below, followed by some brief thoughts on my year and the hobby:

Projects Completed in 2020

  • Room preparation  (ceiling, lighting, electrical and carpeting) is done with the exception of the workbench and crew lounge area ammenities.
  • Benchwork and backdrop construction is done with the exception of the helix.
  • Valence construction is done.
  • Layout lighting is done. 
  • Under the layout storage is done. 
  • The blog has been designed and 73 posts have been published. 130 pages have been designed and some 30 have been completed. The remainder are in various stages of completion.

2021 goals. 

STG#1: I want the trackwork completed from Tunnel 2 to Reload. I want to complete 16 square feet of at least one signature scene within 6 months with the remainder with basic scenery in place. I want enough track from WWSL 2.0 relaid to new design and construction standards and at least some trains running in 6 to 9 months.

STG#2:  I want the trackwork from Melbourne to Wickwood relaid to new design and construction standards and at least some trains running in 6 to 9 months.

STG#3. I want three trains (locomotives and rolling stock) built to Tan Standards and running on the the above modules by the end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment